How Motability works and who is eligible
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence (AFIP)
Parents can apply on behalf of a child who receives the allowance, but please speak to your dealer, as some products may not be suitable for all ages.
Only the person in receipt of the allowance can use the scooter or powered wheelchair. It should not be used, for example, by your partner or spouse.
Unfortunately, the Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease cars, scooters or powered wheelchairs through Motability.
Nothing to worry about with Motability
Motability scooters and powered wheelchairs are available on a three year Contract Hire lease (five years for some custom-built powered wheelchairs). This simply means that you lease the product from us and that the relevant amount of your allowance will be paid directly to us every four weeks, to cover the lease payments. Leaving you to enjoy freedom and independence without the worry of organising insurance and dealing with repairs or breakdowns. Hire purchase (where you buy the product in installments) is not available.
As most scooters and powered wheelchairs through Motability cost less to lease than the total of your four weekly allowance, you could also get some money back!
The worry-free package at a glance
With Motability, you get more than just the scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice, you get all the support and help you need to enjoy worry-free mobility. In fact, our current customers rate our service so highly that 95% of them would recommend Motability to a friend.
- A new scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice every three years
- Standard pricing nationwide
- Over 200 products - most costing less than your weekly allowance
- Insurance from RSA Motability (RSAM) which covers any damage to people or property caused by your product
- Loss and damage protection for your product
- Breakdown assistance from Motability Assist - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs - call outs and home collections can be arranged with your dealer
- Replacement tyres and batteries
- A dedicated UK based Customer Services team
You can find more details below
- Optional extras on the product that are not fitted as standard
- More than three claims for lost or stolen keys
- Any fines you may incur
- Insurance cover for theft or damage to personal belongings such as coats, bags mobile phones and money
- Tax - the DVLA provide this free of charge for Class 3 scooters and powered wheelchairs (Class 2 products do not require tax)
- You will also need somewhere secure to store your scooter or powered wheelchair overnight or when unattended
All the details
Every part of Motability has been designed to provide our customers with worry-free mobility, yet a lot of people find it hard to believe that there is no catch. There really isn't, all this is included:
A wide range to choose from
With Motability you get a brand new scooter or powered wheelchair every three years. There are over 200 products to choose from, many of which cost less than your allowance so there is bound to be one that suits your needs and budget
Specialist dealers will help you
We work with a nationwide network of dealers to ensure that no matter where you live in the UK there are people who can visit you to discuss the products available, as well as provide servicing, maintenance and repairs throughout your lease. ALL our dealers have attended specialist training and are continually updated to ensure they know about all aspects of Motability. Please fell free to ask them any questions relating to your choice of product or your Motability lease.
Tyres and breakdown assistance
There is no need to worry about puntures or damage to yout tyres as they are always repaired or replaced whenever there is a problem. If you are out and about when you get a puncture preventing you from being able to get home safely, our partners at Motability Assist will help get you, and your scooter or powered wheelchair home.
You can also take your scooter or powered wheelchair abroad to use, but it is worth noting that it will not be covered by breakdown assistance, and certain insurance restrictions apply.
Insurance is important in case of an accident, damage or theft of the product. With Motability, you are covered in these instances, with no excess to pay. The insurance also covers you against any damage caused by your scooter or powered wheelcahir to other products, property or people.
*Your scooter will come with a battery as standard so all you have to do is remember to keep it charged. If anything goes wrong with the battery through normal every day use, it will be replaced, free of charge.
The majority of scooters and many powered wheelchairs come as standard from the manufacturer (except in cases of custom-built powered wheelchairs).
All our scooters will come with a weatherproof cover as standard, so you can get out and about whatever the weather! For additional adaptations speak to your dealer to discuss prices and details.