Here at UKS Mobility we’re proud to one of the chosen stockists of Blue Badge Company products, along with big names including Boots, Halfords, and the Post Office. Their innovative range of products includes handcrafted disabled parking permit holders, Radar toilet keys, walking stick bags, wheat warmers, and lap trays.
Among our range of mobility accessories you’ll find a selection of Blue Badge holders in various designs, including floral, spotty, animals, and plain colours, allowing you to carry your parking permit around in style. We also stock the innovative Radar Toilet Key, which gives the bearer access to over 9000 disabled toilets throughout the UK.
Who are the Blue Badge Company?
(Image courtesy of Blue Badge Company)
The Blue Badge Company was first established four years ago in Bristol by a lady called Camilla. She was a Blue Badge holder herself, and had begun hand stitching a range of stylish wallets for parking permits. Her friend, Ellen Green, had recently been made redundant and was filling her days helping Camilla to produce the wallets.
Two years later, Camilla decided to pursue another enterprise, so Ellen made the decision to buy her out of the company, and it was the best decision she’s ever made. Since taking the helm, Ellen has pushed the company forwards and they’ve sold in excess of 100,000 wallets, and grown from one person to a team of 20 staff after winning contracts to supply Boots, Halfords, and the Post Office.
As the company director of the Blue Badge Company, Ellen has worked tirelessly to promote and grow her business, and her latest endeavour could be the thing that really solidifies the Blue Badge Company as one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of stylish accessories for disabled people.
This Sunday, August 23rd, sees Ellen Green pitching her innovative business idea to the esteemed panel of business men and women on BBC 2’s Dragon’s Den. We’ll certainly be tuning in to the show on Sunday night to hear Ellen’s pitch and send her good-luck vibes, and we hope you’ll join us in wishing her well!
What is Dragon’s Den?
If you’ve never seen the show then you might be wondering what all the fuss is about, so let us explain what Dragon’s Den is all about. The show gives budding entrepreneurs the opportunity to present a three minute pitch to a panel of successful business people with the hope that one or more of the panel will offer an investment opportunity to the entrepreneur.
Business is ruthless, and making the pitch to these business leaders is just like walking into a dragon’s den – you don’t know if you’re going to win or lose. The ‘dragons’ for this series of the show are as follows:
- Deborah Meaden – This Dragon set up her first business at the age of 19 and ran several successful businesses before joining her family’s business, Weststar Holidays. She became the majority shareholder in the company, before selling it for £33m. Deborah is now a full-time investor and focuses her efforts on helping other businesses to gain success.
- Peter Jones – With an impressive business portfolio that includes Expansys, Red Letter Days, Jessops, and Levi Roots among others, Peter Jones is one of Britain’s best-known entrepreneurs. He has so far invested over £3.5m in various business ideas pitched on the show in the last 10 years.
- Nick Jenkins – As the founder of online greeting card company, Moonpig.com, Nick knows a thing or two about creating a successful ecommerce business, and he actively invests in start-up businesses as he understands the importance of good advice and grounding in business.
- Sarah Willingham – The serial entrepreneur is the lady behind the most successful Indian restaurant chain in the UK, The Bombay Bicycle Club. She also co-founded and invested in The London Cocktail Club and Craft Cocktail Company, helping to grow both into award-winning businesses.
- Touker Suleyman – As the owner of fashion brands Ghost, Hawes & Curtis, and Low Profile Holdings, Touker has put his 40 years experience in retail to good use. As well as success, he’s also experienced failure too, so is well-positioned to understand the pitfalls that can face retailers too.
Tune in to Dragon’s Den on Sunday 23rd August at 8pm, or set your Sky+ or TIVO box to record the show. Ellen is the first entrepreneur to pitch to the panel on Sunday’s show so tune in on time and join us in wishing her the best of luck!